Monday, August 25, 2014

Coming To Terms

I have spent the last couple of months wondering about in a desert looking for answers to my God problem in all the wrong places. I have been to different churches looking for something without knowing what I was looking for.

But something strange happened to me at school today. I was in the Christian room hanging out when they started a Bible study and naturally I sat in on it. The guy leading the Bible study asked us what we thought church was and what we think others think about church. My answer to question one was group of believers with my answer to the second question was hypocritical. I've experienced both sides so these answers came to me rather easily.

According to Jesus the church is a group of believers, not a building or place of worship. He tells us that in Colossians when he states that he is the head of the body, the church. We sometimes mistake the Senior Pastor as the leader of the church but he is just the person granted power to speak to people on God's behalf. Anything and everything he says should be straight from the Bible and nothing more or nothing less. Speaking of which, I want to give a shout out of congratulations to John Richter, the new Senior Pastor at St. John's.

I have had the problem of feeling so lonely at times and looking for it in the church, the body. I have been looking for a church where I am such a part of everything that is going on that if I am not there then they will miss me. They will take time out of their day to send me a text to see if I am alright. But I am finally coming to terms that will never happen no matter what church I go to. I am simply not that important to the church body and it is alright. I do not need people who care enough about me to text me when I miss a Sunday of church because if I am right in my relationship with God then my priorities will be in the right place.

From now on when I start feeling the loneliness come on I need to just remember that I do not need the approval and acceptance of people if I have the approval and acceptance of God. There are enough people at St. John's that do know me and a couple who really do care about me and things will be alright. St. John's, here I come, back where I belong.

No comments: